Last week’s goals with progress indicated:
Knit 2 more wedges of my Aranami shawl.I think I knit 4 more wedges. Look at patterns for the next sweater, which will be cabled and in Stone Henge Fiber Mill’s Shepherd’s Wool Worsted – so squishy & bouncy!
I looked several times and settled on making Michelle Wang’s Aspen with the following modifications, because the cables are worth changing the pattern to suit my needs: no pockets, no big cuffs (Michelle Wang really likes her folded over cuffs!), button holes higher, belt loops & belt a bit higher. I just need to buy the pattern, wind the yarn, and swatch!
Go to TKD twice.
I went Wednesday and Thursday with my friend Julia, who gave me the kick in the butt to sign up with her – we started roller derby together and everything’s always better with a buddy. The next testing period will be in April and we’re going to test for our yellow and orange belts at the same time since the forms are so similar and we have so much time to get them down. I already feel like I know the form for yellow.
- Wear The Green Wood Cardigan and when I’m not wearing it, gaze lovingly/meditate on the greens and blues in the yoke.
- Knit 5 more wedges of my Aranami shawl. I can easily make 1 a day, so setting a goal of 5 is not unreasonable.
- Buy Aspen, read the pattern through, plan modifications.
- Go to TKD twice.
- Go to the PO and mail an order from the shop. Yup, just when I’ve given up on selling anything but patterns, I had a sale. And actually, I need to do this today.
- My friend Suzi challenged me to a nature photo-off; take 1 picture of something nature-y a day and post it to FB. Of course I’m posting them to Instagram first and then sharing them, so I also plan to take 1 photo of something in the natural world each day to keep up with this. Below are the first few I took.