Last week’s goals with progress indicated:
Continue up Aspen‘s back.
I reached the armhole shaping, now done, and am just working my way up the full length of the armscythe. The weather has been cooler, so if I motor on and finish it there’s a chance I’ll be able to wear it.
Work on Aranami (knit at least 1 new wedge) OR spin more.
I worked on Aranami again, another wedge and a half.
- Embroider more.
Nope. But I did clear out a project basket to keep everything in since it spread to take over the coffee table.
- Write 2 more poems.
I wrote one more, not two. Close enough.
- Go to TKD at least once.
Nope, I didn’t go – I found excuses Monday – Wednesday (the only realistic days I could go).
Eat cake on Wednesday (my birthday).
Done! I ordered a two layer chocolate cake with buttercream frosting from my local Wegmans. It lasted until Thursday night.
Bring my oldest home from college Friday.
Done. I have enough Liz Phair music (yes, I’ve been listening to her for over 20 years now & buying her new albums as they come out) to keep me entertained for a day of driving.
- Maybe go to the Immigrants March with the family on Saturday. (My husband and his family were Vietnamese refugees who came here in the early 80s and I think it’s important for us to be there, though he is less enthusiastic.)
Nope. And I haven’t heard (or sought out, TBH) any info about it.
Go to Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival on Sunday with my friend Becky & her daughter. Are you local(ish) and going? Want to meet up? I’m thinking an early lunch would be an ideal time – I’m already planning on meeting an IG friend, but the more the merrier!I went, I saw, I felt all the yarn and fiber. It was great – I’m going to write a post about it sometime this week.
- Continue up Aspen‘s back.
- Work on Aranami (knit at least 1 new wedge) OR spin more (crucial since I got more fiber at MDS&W but still have all the fiber from last year).
- Embroider more.
- Go to TKD once.
- Write post about MDS&W to replace one of my regular days.
- Start planning Ethan’s graduation party before it’s June and I haven’t done anything.
I’ll leave you with an aerial view of the flowers my husband sent me for my birthday last Wednesday. He wanted to get me something that would last longer than cut flowers, so he got this mixed planting with an orchid and 5 other plants. It’s gorgeous and, more importantly, still alive.