- Take fancy final project photos of Inamara, which involves getting Mr. Q & his photog skills. Use his camera this time, not my phone.
I talked to him about it but we never got around to it.
Continue working on the new blanket.
Finished. I started and restarted (twice) a shawl, and finally found a pattern that I like and started that over twice, going forward with different yarn.
Continue spinning the braid of Pigeon Roof Studios fiber.
- Start a new embroidery project.
Nope. I’m still stuck on the last one, but I have some ideas of what to do next.
- Hopefully hear back from my friend and decide what to do with The View From Mt. Peg.
Nope. She’s a high school English teacher in Hawaii, so that may explain why she’s not online much.
Saturday: meet Becky & her daughter Mia at Shenandoah Valley Fiber Festival. From there, go to friend gathering in Martinsburg, WV.Sunday is free, so maybe I can get Ky to go to the Leesburg Fine Arts Festival (day 2) to poke around and maybe make some connections in this local artist world I’m trying to be more active in.
We went, we saw, I bought stuff – spinning fiber and vintage buttons; I’m ready for Spinzilla. And I also had a really good afternoon catching up with Leticia & her littles. I slept on Sunday, pretty much during prime Fine Arts Festival time so we didn’t go.
Some sad news: Moose, our 12 year old big black dog, hasn’t been doing well and so we have an appointment on Thursday to ease his pain and help him across the Rainbow Bridge.It went as well as could be expected. The in-home vet was very compassionate, Moosie went out without any pain and with a dog bone in his mouth, very fitting for a guy who could never eat enough. We miss him but are all glad he’s not in pain anymore.
I also carded some fleece from my stash, so I have a batt ready to spin. Now if I could just find where I noted the breed …
- Take fancy final project photos of Inamara, which involves getting Mr. Q & his photog skills.
- Carry on with (S)urge, the new shawl.
- Spin, whether it’s handpainted or some of the fleece from my stash.
- Ruminate further on a new embroidery project or, you know, actually start one.