Walk instead of going back to bed after I finish my morning coffee. Done for today – I took Lil for a walk on the W&OD trail (a rail trail) that runs through my neighborhood and all the way into DC.
Done. Lil and I have walked every day since last Monday. Somedays have just been around the block, and twice so long that I broke her and had to carry her part of the way back; I won’t do that this week, I’ve promised her.
Go to TKD twice.
I went thrice!
Carry on knitting (S)urge, the new shawl and read The Essex Serpent while doing it.
Done. I finished The Essex Serpent (5 stars, would read again) and started Brazzaville Beach.
Start a new embroidery or new spinning project.
Started, made progress, and ruined. But I have a similar, better idea for the next one.
- Write a post about Spinzilla.
Nope. But I did change the poem on my refrigerator to e. e. cummings [hist whist].
And, unexpectedly, I found the perfect kitten while browsing Petfinder, which replaced my Twitter feed for a while. I convinced my husband, with some wise words from my 13 year old who said “Dad, just give in; you can’t win an argument with Mom!” and I filled out the adoption application for this guy, who’s current name is Spider.
- Carry on with walking every day, but not so much that I break Lil and have to carry her.
- Go to TKD twice.
- Carry on knitting (S)urge, the new shawl and read Brazzaville Beach while doing it.
- Start another new embroidery project using lessons learned from the scissor catastrophe.
- Spinzilla. I’m going to write about it as soon as I post this.
- Spider-kitten: wait patiently. My contact at the rescue is out of town until Wednesday.
- Saturday we’re going to Morgantown for my oldest’s birthday. I think there will be hiking and cake. And lots of car knitting.